Pages

Tuesday 1 April 2008

Sketch Tuesday - alive

Has a week passed already?


We have slowed down a little due to the holidays, we have been working on the house a renovation project! I've been to hospital, where I should have had a small op, but got sent home at 5:30pm, as they had run out of time, grrrr!!!

Due to go again this week, but now full of cold and I may have to cancel.

Anyway onto this weeks sketches, this weeks assignment was to draw something alive, the kids drew these with a friend, as I was hanging about the hospital for the day *rolls eyes*

Take a look at all the other sketches that entered barb's gallery this week here at Sketch Tuesday

There is no assignment for next week Tuesday April 8th, but there will be one for the Tuesday April 15th assignment is to draw a leaf.

So onto our sketches

This one is Tom's


and here is Annie's, note that she was thinking about me in hospital, although the subject matter was draw something 'alive', she was obviously hoping I still would be, that's me on the table looking dangerously pink !!! lol



Although not much work has been done, they have played, drawn, are learning to skate with the new roller blades. Much reading has been done too.

I think sometimes, the kids need to recharge and take a small break - too much of a break and they don't want to get going, but a small one does refresh them, and of course me.

My owl puke book arrived:
-----

Here are some pictures I've taken of it, these are what you get, the purple paper they are on is A4 size, so the book is just under that, you get a yellow flimsy plastic tray which has compartments to put the bones in. Plus the Owl Puke which is in foil.


This is the contents page



and here is the Bone Sorting chart


Even though the book is small, it's packed full of information. I'm going to see if I can find a downloadable bone sorting chart, so i can laminate it, to place the bones on. I don't know about the kids but I'm really looking forward to do in this one.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

I saw the picture of "Mummy in hospital" and thought God job, it was something alive and not dead!!
My children did this for the first time this week, they loved it, thanks for the link.

Claire said...

The Owl book looks very interesting. Am I right in thinking that the foil thing is the pellet with the bones inside? Please tell me you don't have to go out and actually *find* a pellet? That could just be a wee bit too much right now :-)

Nicki said...

We missed ST again! We are on for the leaf one though.
Good luck with the op, when it happens - love that pic!