Pages

Monday 7 April 2008

Mixed bag of a rambling post

As I've been in hospital for a minor op, I've spent the last 3 days resting in my bed.

Mostly I've read, I've had my trusty laptop in bed with me too.

So the children have had an extended holiday which has continued into this week, (I'm not supposed to do anything strenuous - lol no danger from that then)

So they have done some Education City (EC) I've just upped Tom to level 5 in Literacy.

They done their 'Basics' but more of a slimmed down version.

I've yet to start their caterpillar/butterfly projects with them but Tom has wrote a couple of simple posts on his butterfly diary

He has done this willingly and we have enjoyed watching the caterpillars, although a song and dance routine they are not.

They eat and sleep and they are getting fat so quickly, you look at them in the morning, then look again in the afternoon and they have grown!

Tom is posting a picture of them every 2 days, as we feel it will show their progress better than everyday.

While resting, I've realised I have to be more organised with regard to their work, especially starting September, so I've set myself up yet another blog to start planning out a curriculum for them. Now Ruth is getting very independant and demanding although quite gorgeous still(terrible twos, )I need to have more things she can do quietly, a good post by Cherie has given me some ideas.

I'm hoping to get lots of ideas and advice and although I'm sure it wont be fool proof, having it all set in place will give me peace of mind. I've felt as the kids get older, especially Tom he needs more structure, Annie still 'plays' a lot all the time learning of course.

I'm supposed to have an LEA visit sometime in July, I've always enjoyed having them, our chap is great, but with moving into a house that's a renovation project, plus we are hoping to start an extension some time soon (for family - we have had our plans passed at last)
I'm even less organised than normal..so wondering whether to just to type all we've done and send it off, then have him the following year..I'll think on it as the kids like him visiting, and 'showing' off what they've done.


One of my main priority's is to keep their physical fitness up, so in the mornings, it's a 5-10 minute strecth and warmup, even Tom is now joining in with a bit of spirit now.

Theu are getting out and about on their new rollerblades, and we've just bought a trampoline from here it's yet to be put up as we have had the snow, but will be put up soon.
In our last garden it slopped so we couldn't have one, but I used to Trampoline and it's great excercise.

Annie is continuing with her swimming lessons, but as Tom isn't, we shall make more of an effort to go swimmimg, again more good excercise.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

My children like "showing" their work to the Lea man, I say to them nice handwriting for Mr.C.
Hope you're soon recovered.