Pages

Thursday 3 April 2008

Life Cycle of a Butterfly

We received our caterpillars from Insect Lore yesterday. We had bought the Butterfly Kit at the education show see post *here* about the visit.



You receive a paper form to fill in and send off with the week you require the caterpillars for. You need to block out approximately 5 weeks, to watch their progress.

You can buy it from Amazon and it seems to indicate that's free delivery to at £14.99, you have to pay P&P at Insect Lore, which is dearer at £19.99


To document their progress I have set up a blog for my son Tom to do called Butterfly Diary

Tom hates to write with a passion, so I'm hoping by doing this blog it will encourage him, more with his literacy.

It took him a while to do, as he was constantly spell checking, he did alright,at least he is doing plenty of ICT. I'm just hoping he will keep it up, and not give up after the novelty of blogging wears off...I shall be with him as he does this, helping him upload photos etc.

Tom and Annie, shall both a Butterfly Project. I shall put some resources together and brainstorm over at my resources blog. I might do a lapbook too!

Lots of arts and crafts can be included, along with plenty of reading...young Ruth who is fascinated by them, will join in where appropriate.

No comments: