Pages

Tuesday 11 March 2008

Sketch Tuesday (dinner plate) and roundup

It's Sketch Tuesday again! That seems to have come quickly around.
The assignment this week was to either draw your dinner plate, with or without food on.

Tom wasn't happy with his, ( I thought it was fine) so respecting his wishes I didn't send his off, but Annie was happy with hers and I have to say I thought she did well for her age.


Here is her picture, sorry it's a bit dark



If you want to see the other sketches or join in, then go here
Next weeks assignment is to draw something with legs!

The last few days have been hit and miss, as OH is on holiday at home, so that always interferes with schooling, plus we are trying to renovate the house at the same time.

So mainly core subjects, Maths with Tom has been multiplication and a bit of division, this will continue for the next few days.

I want to get Maths 4b finished by the end of April, watch this space to see if it gets done!

I must concentrate more on Annie's maths, more about the understanding of it, it's become recently a little too much workbook, so I've got some ideas off Boyceview, that may help.

Tom is using My Spelling Workbook 'C' from Prime-ed Publishing book cover looks like this




although a little younger than his age group I wanted to start him off on something that would be achievable, we have got into a good pattern with it, and now do it weekly, rather than just being hit and miss. I like this spelling book, as it gives the spellings to learn, but then reemphasises them through pcrossword,s puzzles etc. There are sample pages to look at on prim-ed's site.
I have Spelling Workbook A for Annie, but we have yet to start it, hopefully it ill be soon.

Last summer Annie, wasn't bothered about reading, then she got interested, she started on Peter and Jane 1A, and is now on 4b,though she insists it's 5A, but I like to cover them properly, these are our base books, meaning that we use them as our main reading scheme, but not solely as it would be very boring. So we have a mixture of other early readers avaible for her to choose, but she must do whatever Peter and Jane book she is on first. It works well for us.

Since making the Roman Theatre Masks, Annie has been making her own out of paper, I must takes some photos of them. Finally Tom related the whole stroy of Boudicaa to MIL, she was mightyily impressed.:-)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Aah thanks, glad to share & well impressed with your dad's cooking skills (and the kids!)

Anonymous said...

Hi CJ

I've just found your blog (through By Other Means) and I enjoy reading it.

I'm 17 and haven't been home edded myself but I have a real interest in home ed.

I often comment on By Other Means too.

Elizabeth (My Reading World) said...

Hi CJ! Thankd for the link for Sketch Tuesday, I think it's something my little girl will enjoy.

Nicki said...

I think we might join in with Sketch Tuesday next week. Just been looking at the Flickr page - they look fantastic don't they!

Our rhythm is always disturbed when DH is home. Lovely to have him here but increases the stress factor as he and E usually end up banging heads. I end up having to make them work in different rooms, lol.

Always Learning said...

Hi to newcomers Alex and Elizabeth, gald you like it here :-)

CJ x