Pages

Monday 17 March 2008

Playing shops

I had to play shops with Annie yesterday, she loves playing shops, I don't - but I sat down with her and played as it helps with the concept of money.

She does give her money over in real shops but I don't always think it clicks as it does when playing, as often there is a queue. She has time at home to see what she has, how much it costs etc.

We have used real money, but it keeps disappearing, so I've bought some play money from ELC, it includes euros as well.

She was delighted, I'm going to look out for stickers and some nice money worksheets to give her, any suggestions would be welcome.

I remember when I got mumps when I was 5 and had to have a lot of time off school, they sent work for me to do at home, money was one of them, I remember really enjoying doing it, in fact I remember just enjoying being a t home learning and I got through lots of work and really enjoyed myself...so I was home taught for about 4 weeks ;-)

Back to Annie, and less of my reminiscing, as promised here are the two paper masks she happily made all by herself




Tom and Annie went to their weekly swimming lessons and now after 4 years Tom wants to stop, he's a good swimmer and reached as far as he wants to go, so now I've got to make sure he gets enough exercise...I'm made all the more conscious of this as I watch the school kids charge up the hill to the school as they pass my house.

No comments: